March 12, 2009

Two, and (Hopefully) Counting

I signed Clare up as an Author for The Crawford Observer today, so now there are two of us, myself included. I need more than that though, if the blog is to be any kind of success. My goal for the site is to have it be a virtual "community meeting place" for the city of Crawford and the surrounding areas, containing news articles classified ads, local events of interest, and pictures from around town.

To that end, I need more contributors. If you live in the area, and especially if you have an interest in writing and/or photography, please email me and let me know that you'd like to be a blog Author. So far I'm the only one who has posted anything to the site, but hopefully that will change now that Clare has joined the site, and maybe she'll bring more people on board.

Please keep one thing in mind though. This site is designed to be a online newspaper of sorts for the area, so if you do decide to become a contributor, please only post articles similar to ones you might find in a local newspaper (local news stories, local event listings, local classified ads, etc.) As site administrator I will have editorial rights to all the posts, but I promise I won't touch any of them unless they infringe upon good taste (in which case they will be removed) or are in need of minor copy editing. Otherwise, as a contributor, you'll have free reign. Just remember that the overall idea is to get the community involved in the site, and to share information with other people who are local to the area.

So come on people, sign up for an account, send me your email address when you do, and I'll add you on as Authors. Thanks! :)

No comments: