March 14, 2009

Ironic Foreshadowing

I had an amusing moment at work tonight.

Every day, when we're recovering the aisles of merchandise after closing, we find stuff scattered all over the store, far from its usual home. Pens will be with labels, business card holders will be with overhead projectors, etc. Tonight was no exception...except for one item. Pictured below is the DVD based Windows PC game Prison Tycoon 4: Supermax. As I picked it up off a shelf of storage accessories, I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be funny if someone stole game!"

Pulling the DVD casing out of it's jacket, I found that's exactly what had happened. Someone had STOLEN a game about running a prison and prison life! Is that ironic foreshadowing or what?!? Were they doing some field research, or merely see what "jail life" could be like in the future, if they continued down this path of theft and wrong doing?

Anyway, I found it amusing, so I thought I'd share it with you all. It made me laugh, just thinking about the poor idiot out there who is probably enjoying this game, not realizing that their future could end up like part of the game they stole. Isn't life wonderful! lol


*Author's Note - When I came into work today, I saw the DVD disc for this game on the desk in the manager's office. It was scratched up and cracked, but someone did apparently find it. Not sure what happened exactly, but it still appears as if someone tried to steal it. Either that or someone just thought it would be fun to open the game, remove the DVD, and toss the case and the disc in two different places in the store. Who knows; people are weird.

No comments: