March 1, 2009

Rain, Sleet, Snow...Pneumonia?

Well, it looks like there might actually be something to the winter weather advisories they've been issuing. I talked to Monica a little while ago and she said it was snowing in Woodstock. And here in Crawford we're getting rain with sleet mixed in off and on. At the moment we're expecting at least 1 inch of a "slushy mix" of rain, sleet, and snow in the warning area tonight. But by the looks of it, there's a nice little snow storm moving in from Alabama, so things could get interesting. Monica is leaving Woodstock shortly to try and get back here before conditions make it unsafe to drive.

On a more disturbing note (for myself anyway), I sort of feel like I have bronchitis or possibly even pneumonia. I've had it enough to know what it feels like, and while the symptoms usually don't come on as quickly as these seem to have, they feel familiar. Right now my lungs/chest walls feel tight and constricted, and although I'm not presently have too much trouble breathing, my chest and throat do hurt if I cough. I also have been experiencing mild chills and possibly a slight fever off and on, as well as lethargy, headaches, and a bit of muscle weakness/soreness. I may actually have to seek out a local doctor tomorrow, if symptoms persist along this course, and it may be the first time since I started working for OfficeMax almost 2 1/2 years ago that I have to call out sick.

Then again, maybe all the "snow and ice" will take care of that problem for me, because there's NO way I'm driving 20 miles to work, through deer country, on potentially icy roads that are mostly hills! And I won't let Monica drive to work in that either. Of course, there's a decent chance she could get the day off tomorrow due to inclement weather, but it will probably have all melted away by the time it's my turn to head to work. *sigh* I guess we'll just have to play it by ear and see how things go. The only thing I know for sure is that if I continue to feel and sound like I do now, I'm not going to work tomorrow...

No comments: