March 1, 2009

Milkless Tea & Gothic Metal Mayhem

Rawwrrrr! Okay, so you have to hear it to believe it, but right now, for some reason, I have a rather scratchy/sore throat that I woke up with this morning. I blame it on the less than ideal weather of the past day or two, and the time I spent at St. Mary's on Thursday. Whatever the cause my throat is swollen, kind of raw, and I can "growl" along quite well with the Gothic Metal/Progressive Rock song I'm listening to right now. Rawwrrr!

As for the milkless tea, that is for 2 reasons. The first being that I loaded this tea (English Breakfast) up with several heaping spoonfuls of honey to help my throat, and the second...our refrigerator isn't cooling stuff down to the ideal temperature, so food is spoiling a bit faster than it should, and the milk we have left, which should have been good for another 3 days or so, smells a little "off." And there's no way I'm messing up a perfectly good cup of tea and drinking that stuff! So, milkless tea with honey it is. At least it's helping my throat some. Unfortunately I may have to give up any hope of a successful metal music career...

So anyway, Monica is in Woodstock hanging out with her old coworkers for a couple days after a check-up visit to the doctor yesterday (well, 2 days ago now, since it's after 1 AM.) She's enjoying "catching up with the girls", and I know they're glad to have her visiting because they all really miss her. I'm glad she has good friends like them. They've all helped her through some hard times over the past few months.

As for myself, I'm back to temporarily doing the pseudo "bachelor" thing again; hanging out by myself and feeding myself, which currently has meant lots of Chef Boyardee (thanks Dad & Sandra!) All that stuff basically tastes the same, but at least it's a break from the several pounds (literally) of Malto-Meal "Golden Grahams" that I've eaten over the past few weeks. And given that I don't want to ruin ANOTHER cereal with rancid milk, I think the change is good, if a little mono-flavored.

In other news, Clare, Josh & Esme are in England/Wales, attending the wedding of our friends Mathew and Ema who have finally tied the knot (I think.) I REALLY wish we could be over there with them, but it just wasn't meant to be this time. We'll get back to Limey Land one of these days though. I've been away too long, and given the reason for my previous visit, it's high time we visited under more enjoyable circumstances. Maybe we'll win some lottery money one of these days, and we'll be able to go visit the Isles for a month or so. That's what I really want to do. And who knows, maybe if I spend enough time there I'll get my wonderful accent back (I wonder how it would sound with my currently gravelish vocal tones?)

Anyway, the back of my skull is starting to throb, so I think I'm going to wrap this one up. Thanks for stopping by, and please, if you're local to the area (and you KNOW who you are!), swing by my new blog on WordPress, The Crawford Observer. I need to get some people signed up as contributors and get that thing off the ground if it's ever going to go anywhere!

Take care, and keep warm. Peace.

No comments: