March 2, 2009

The Morning After

Well, we made it through the night, and the electricity is still on (for the time being anyway. It keeps flickering because, as you can see in the pictures, ice is weighing the lines down.) In that one picture, that bottom cable is only a few feet off the ground. Obviously it's not supposed to be that low, and we're lucky it didn't snap. I'm not sure if it's a phone line or a power line, but I hope it just thaws out and gradually eases back up to its proper location.

In other news, Monica made it home safely last night, after HOURS on the road. She had a few scary moments when she started to slide, and thought she was going to hit other cars, but thank God she made it home okay. After a late morning rise, she carefully made her way over to work, where the whole parking lot was one large, white expanse. Fortunately they have the tools to deal with that there, and they were already shoveling the snow off by the time she got there. She said it looked pretty amazing though...hopefully she took pictures. :)

As for myself, I WON'T be going into work today, because I still feel horrible. Last night the congestion finally set in, and I've been alternating between not really being able to breathe through my nose at all, to being able to breathe through one nostril while the other one just ran continuously (I'll spare you the details this time.) Needless to say, going to work and coughing and dripping all over the customers is not on today's "to do" list. I'm going to hop in the shower shortly, and then make my way down to the local Lexington-Crawford Medical Center to see if they're open, and if I can see a doctor. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully I'll improve by tomorrow though, because I'm supposed to open in the morning. I'm not sure how that's going to turn out yet. Oh well, I haven't called out sick from work at OfficeMax in nearly 2 1/2 years, so I think a day or two off isn't too much to ask; especially since I've been working extra hours to cover the department when other people have been out.

So that's about it for now. With luck our power will continue to stay on, and keep our house warm and bright. I'm off to go shower now. Enjoy the pictures I took early this morning. Peace.










No comments: