January 15, 2009

Watson Mill - Part 2 / Chicken Corn Chowder

No, the 2 blog titles don't go together! I mean what does a covered bridge have to do with a delectable dish from the Dutch oven?!? But I bet they'd sound cool together, if "Mr. Movie Announcer" guy (who's now dead unfortunately) were to read them - "Like a bridge over troubled water, chicken corn chowder flowed freely beneath the weathered wood of Watson Mill Bridge..." I can see it now; the blockbuster hit of the summer!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, on a more realistic note. I went out to Watson Mill Bridge State Park again today with Monica, and took a few more pictures. I'll put some of them online either later tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime, Monica's reading and I'm writing this blog post while we wait for the Pillsbury French loaves to finish cooking in the oven. Then we're going to enjoy a nice hearty meal of home made chicken corn chowder and fresh hot bread. Mmmm, I can't wait! And if you're REALLY lucky, maybe you'll even get some of the chowder yourself, since we made a LOT of it (double batch as always.)

That's about it for now. I'm just going to sit here and listen to this great online radio station I found on Winamp last night, and wait for the oven timer to buzz. I'll be back later perhaps, with some pictures.

Take care everyone, and stay safe. Keep warm tonight too...it's going to be a COLD one!

No comments: