January 7, 2009

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

For once it isn't the oncoming train. As I sit here, having finished another movie night alone (thanks, NetFlix) I think about the great news we received this morning. Last night, I went to bed really late (early this morning), and for some reason I couldn't sleep at all. Usually I'm exhausted by the time I finally drag my lazy bum into the bedroom and crash on the bed, but last night I was WIDE awake for some reason. I watched two movies, read for an hour or two, and still I couldn't sleep. It was like I was vibrating with some sort of inner energy. I don't know if it had anything to do with the news I received this morning, but perhaps it did...a sort of precognitive jubilation possibly.

So, in case you haven't heard, The Big Orange (A.K.A. - The Home Depot) has finally come through with Monica's transfer, and she will be moving here to our home in the country, permanently, within the month! I would like it to be sooner than that, but I've made it this long; I think I can hold out for another few weeks! :-) Depending on what department she ends up in, she may even be able to keep her current salary, which will be AWESOME, because mine SUCKS! (Yes, a crude word, lacking intelligence and sophistication, but it's the truth.)

Anyway, I am so happy that Monica will finally be joining me here in Crawford on a permanent basis! As much as I enjoy time on my own, I haven't enjoyed THIS MUCH time on my own, and I've been lost and lonely without the Monkey around. So here's to the quick passage of the next few weeks, and the speedy arrival of my absent wife. Praise God, Monica is finally coming home.

*As a side note, the "menu music" to the movie I just watched, In The Name Of The King, is really great, and although it's a short selection that loops incessantly, it's put me in a nice mellow mood that will hopefully send me off into a deep and peaceful, if brief (I have to get up at 6:30 AM for work) sleep. I need to find if this particular music is on the score to the movie, because I'm really enjoying it. It has Bodhran drums (or at least a slow, steady beat), and wispy ethereal tones. It's the kind of music I'd create myself. I'll have to check it out. Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Have a great day today everyone, and stay safe. Peace.

No comments: