January 13, 2009

A Chilly Day By The River

I just got back from Watson Mill Bridge Park, and I'm downloading my pictures and videos to my hard drive. Then I'll sort through them, maybe touch them up a bit, and if there are any decent ones, I'll post them online. I had planned to do a bit of fishing, but it was a bit cooler than I was expecting, and after spending an hour or so wiping at my running nose while I was taking pictures, I decided that standing by the water for an extended period of time while fishing probably wasn't the best idea. At least until I could get some warmer clothes on.

So I put my photography gear back in the car, and drove back through the covered bridge to the visitor's center on the other side. I was the only visitor at the time, and I took a while to wander around the small store/welcome center, looking at the various displays, and chatting off and on with the lady at the counter. I also purchased a Watson Mill Bridge patch, which is something I used to do when I was younger, whenever I visited a state/national park. I think I'm going to pick that tradition up again, just to keep track of the places I've been. Somewhere (I think) I have the old jacket from when I was a kid, that has all the patches I'd collected sewn onto it. Or, now that I think of it, I might have a jacket with a few patches (sewn on my Mum and/or Grandma), and a pile of patches that never made it onto the jacket. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I seem to remember coming across them when we were moving, but I could have been hallucinating.

At any rate, the pictures have finished transferring to my hard drive now, so I'm going to go have a look at them and see if any of them are worth posting. Check back later to see what I decided to add. :)

No comments: