January 21, 2009

Waiting For Work

Both literally (as in I'm waiting to get READY for work), and hopefully (as in I hope some of the people I've handed my business cards out to actually come through and CALL me to do some work/training for them.)

While I've been waiting to get ready, I've been checking out a new site I found called Blip.fm (I believe that's the name, and the URL incidentally.) It's a music-based social networking site where you become a "DJ" and create playlists based on songs you like, and others that you've found on the site. You can give "props" to other DJs (and receive them yourself), add other people's playlists to your own, etc. It's kind of cool, and I've been having fun slowly creating an interesting and eclectic mix of music that I like, ranging from Rush and Dream Theater to CCR and John Denver (I know, odd right? lol) If you're interested though, check it out!

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the mix of music that the Last.fm widget I added to my site last night has been playing. On THAT site, you pick a single artist, and then the site automatically generates a streaming playlist/station from music by and similar to that artist. I've heard all sorts of good music I would have never know about from that little widget, and it has some cool features like being able to open it in a pop-up window to enjoy the music while you visit other Web sites, having access to artist/song/album information (and the ability to purchase them), and being able to skip a particular song if you're just not that interested in it and what to hear what's up next. If you like music, and want to add some to your Web site for others (or even yourself) to listen to, I would definitely recommend checking that site out. And best of all, like Blip.fm, it's free! :)

Anyway, it's time for me to hop in the shower and get ready for another EXCITING night at the O' Max. Until next time, faithful followers (all 3 or 4 of you), enjoy this lovely, if chilly weather, and check back soon. Peace.

No comments: