January 6, 2009

Dinner & A Movie

It used to be something you took your wife, or at the very least a date out to. Lately it's become my solo Monday night routine. After I get off work, I rent a movie or two from RedBox at Wal-Mart, come home and make something for dinner, then sit down to watch the movie alone. Now while I enjoy watching movies (and it happens to be one of my few entertainments these days, especially since my computer is apparently toast), it would be much more enjoyable to watch them WITH someone. True, I watch movies with Monica on the couple of days each week she's up here, but overall I'm watching them alone; and audience of one. I know things will change eventually, when Home Depot gets their act together and transfers Monica up here for good (or she gets some other/better job in the area), but until them I'm on my own. SO...if any of you out there who read my blog want to come over for movie (and don't mind a late night out), please let me know as I'd love to have some company, and share the movie watching experience! :-)

Okay, that's it for now. Back to watching Eagle Eye!

2 comments:

clare adams said...

matt!!!! i didn't know you were watching alone last night! we have talked about movie night...what about doing a monday night movie night together?

Matt F. said...

I have talked about movie nights since before we moved up here. The only problem is (especially on Mondays when I work), that I usually don't get home from until about 10 PM, and you guys are most likely in bed by then! lol Then you'd have to find have to get a babysitter for the kids, and the whole thing just becomes a lot more complicated. The other option is that I come to your house, and we all huddle around the laptop, trying to watch a movie on the small screen while straining to hear the sound because it's turned down so low in case the kids wake up. That doesn't sound very practical either.

So what the solution will have to be is, plan in advance, finding an evening when we're all off work and at home, so you can come over here and watch a movie without having to stay out to late. There's some complicated logistics involved in organizing this, but we'll pull it off somehow. :) Right now we have "In The Name Of The King", "Juno", and "Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer" checked out from NetFlix, if you're interested in watching any of them. Just let me know and we'll try to work something out.