January 27, 2009

Another Gray Day Off

I was hoping for some bright, sunny (i.e. - slightly warmer) weather for my day off today so I could do some more photography, but of course it's typical Georgia winter weather - chilly and damp. Still, it's somewhat warmer than the last few times I've ventured out to take pictures. Earlier this morning, I drove over to Clare and Josh's place, wanting to hang out with them a bit since I have some free time, but they weren't home (Josh is at work obviously, and Clare isn't apparently down with Dad and Sandra, according to her recent blog post.) Maybe I'll get to hang out with them a little later...

Anyway, while I was there, I was watching all these birds feeding at and playing around their bird feeder table, and since I had my camera with me, I decided to take some pictures of them. Here are some of the better ones (although none of them are as good as I would like.) One of the things on my "wish list" is a good digital SLR; one that I can use different lenses with, and one that will take high resolution images (unlike the fuzzy (and somewhat painted looking) images I get with my current camera when they're viewed at full size.) Since these cameras are rather expensive, it's unlikely I'll get one any time soon, but that's why it's a "wish list." I think I could do fairly well at photography if I got some formal training, and some better equipment, but in the meantime I make do with what I've got.

So without further ado, here is the first selection of the pictures I took today. I hope you enjoy them. :-)





No comments: