January 3, 2009

60 Cents Worth Of Happiness or What's So Delightful About Turkey?

Unfortunately my desktop is still being uncooperative, so I'm back again on Monica's laptop (which is better than blogging from my phone at any rate.) Right now I'm sitting here at my desk, working on the laptop while I watch my computer boot up, shut down, boot up, shut down, boot up, etc. (Although at the moment it's just sitting there with a black screen. The lights are on, but no one's home. *sigh*) I'm trying not to get too annoyed by the fact that my computer is still down, and hopefully the Lortab I took about 15 minutes ago will help with that. (I took the Lortab for jaw pain, not computer pains.) But that's where the first part of my blog title comes in. My "happy pills" cost me a whopping 60 cents at the Wal-Mart pharmacy today! Can you believe that?!? I had to break a $5 bill to buy them, and I got most of that back in change! I thought the pharmacist was joking when she said, "That will be 60 cents. Feel free to check out at any register." But no, the proof was in my hands...16 Lortab pills for $.60...I couldn't believe it! I don't know if it's thanks to the new insurance we have through The Home Depot now, or if Lortab's just going cheap these days. What I do know is that for less than a buck, I can make most of my pains go away, at least for a while. Sadly it won't do anything for my computer, but oh well. What do you expect for sixty cents?!?

That brings me to the other part of my blog title this evening. My friend Michele recently returned from a trip to England, and among other delicious goodies, she brought back some Turkish Delights for me. Now Michele has openly described Turkish Delight as "maroon colored, rose tasting phlegm, covered in chocolate", but I love these things! (I guess you have to be English or something to appreciate them, because I don't know many Americans who have actually tried one and liked it.) Anyway, they're apparently becoming harder to find in England, for some reason, so she brought me a couple 4 packs of them, and I have been enjoying one here and there for the past couple of days. So, thanks Michele!!! :)

I guess that's about it for now. Nothing much to report at the moment. The weather is wet and super foggy, my head's been hurting, and my computer is still being a POS. Other than that, nothing's changed. I hope everyone had a good New Year, and that you didn't drink too much. Take care of yourselves, and I wish you all the best. Peace.

No comments: