April 18, 2009

Life - An Update

Earlier this evening I finished up a virtual "meeting" on Skype with some of the people I am now business partners with. We have formed an LLC, and are in the process of planning our company infrastructure and site design/launch. We still have a lot of work to do, and I can't really say much about it yet, due to non-disclosure agreements and "hush-hush" specifics such as those, but with a lot of effort and a little luck, this company will hopefully take off and launch us all into financial stability and freedom; not to mention make us famous (or is it infamous? I'm not sure yet.)
------------------------------------------
In other news (for me anyway), a decision will hopefully be made soon in the matter of who will be the new Supervisor in the ImPress department at work. There are at least 2 other people being considered, as far as I know, and I will even have to "interview" for the position again from what I understand. It's not a guarantee that I'll return to that position, but I definitely have the inside advantage, considering it's what I did for nearly 2 years, and I'm already working for the company, and in the specific location. But again, nothing's certain, and I may not get the position. I'll keep everyone posted on this situation as it develops.
------------------------------------------
I have my second weekend off in a row (something I haven't had since I moved up here and transferred stores.) Today was spent helping Mr. Bennett a bit this morning (the 87 year old, 1 armed man who lives in a retirement home and is having issues with his computer); talking off and on with my new business partners; and watching mournfully as Monica slaved away in the yard with the lawn mower. I really wanted to be out helping her, but the longer I spend outdoors, the later I end up staying up at night because my allergies have taken over and I'm too congested to sleep. I hate this time of year. It's so nice outside, and I want to go out and enjoy it, but if I do, I suffer the consequences. Such a cruel irony.
------------------------------------------
Monica is visiting with Heather Thompson at the moment, for her 30th birthday (Heather's, not Monica's.) They're going out with a group of people to dinner and a movie, I think. I would have loved to have been able to join them, but I had my "conference call" to deal with, so had to stay home. Happy 30th birthday though, Heather. Many happy returns!
------------------------------------------
That's about it, I think, from my boring neck of the woods. Monica and I have tomorrow off together again, but I think it's supposed to rain, so it will probably mean a day indoors reading, watching movies, baking, or otherwise just hanging out. I really hope this new business venture DOES take off, because I'm tired of working all the time, JUST to get by (and barely that.) I want to enjoy life, and time with my family, and not have to worry about bills and debt. It's about time we had some good luck in our lives for a change. Let's hope this is the beginning of it!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. Peace.

No comments: