November 24, 2008

Single Life, Once Again

Well, after a few enjoyable days hanging out together, Monica has once again returned to Woodstock for another week apart, although this time it's just a few days, thankfully! :) She'll be back up here on Wednesday, I think, because Amy and Jason are coming in for Thanksgiving, and will be staying with us for a couple of days. They haven't seen the new place yet, so it will be a homecoming and a housewarming (of sorts) all around!

As for myself, I have the next couple of days off work, so I'll be busy around the house, trying to get some more stuff put away (and other stuff put OUT of the way) before Amy and Jason arrive. The house is coming together, slowly but surely, and we have several rooms more or less complete. The funny thing is that Monica and I were so used to living in single storey houses that we've hardly done anything upstairs. Right now it's mostly just a big area to store empty boxes for Kate and Mike, and other boxes of stuff that we either don't want to unpack right now, or that we're not sure where everything is going to go yet. Eventually we will have a craft/studio area in the topmost room of the house, and will use the "loft" as another guestroom or something, but right now we basically just live on the ground floor and don't even venture upstairs unless we have to put a box up there. It's kind of weird, but we have so much more room downstairs than we've been used to, that we've sort of just been treating this place as a single level house. I'm sure all that will change as we get things more setup upstairs though.

Also, we still don't have TV hooked up, which is kind of surprising because we enjoy watching the few shows that we follow. But it's just been me here most of the time, and I have enjoyed just driving around, exploring the area, and hanging out with Clare and the kids. I haven't really missed TV at all. Sure I've been watching DVDs, but that's different. I've just enjoyed spending more time writing, taking pictures, and hanging out in the woods. Stuff I used to do frequently when I was younger.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I'll try to post some more pictures soon (probably some Thanksgiving ones with all the family.) Have a great week everyone, and thanks for stopping by. Happy Early Thanksgiving!

No comments: