November 25, 2008

Crazy As A Box Of Frogs

Yes, I thought it sounded pretty odd too, but I was amused enough to remember it, and will probably use the phrase from now on. *g* In case you're wondering, I heard that phrase on a London radio station I'm streaming over the Internet right now. I'm working on getting the boffice cleared out, so Amy and Jason will have a place to sleep when they roll into town late tomorrow night. (If you don't know what the "boffice" is well...then you're not in the KNOW! *nudge nudge* *wink wink*)

At any rate, I needed some upbeat music to motivate me to spend the afternoon walking back and forth, up and down the stairs (ducking under the low ceilings in several places), carrying boxes to the upper level of our house where they'll be out of the way until we figure out what to do with them. So I'm streaming Xfm London live on my computer. It serves the dual purpose of trying to get some of my English accent back too, because I've found myself sounding more and more Southern as of late. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not who I am. Then again, I was born to the south-west of London, and I wouldn't have sounded quite so Cockney either, so I have to find a good balance somewhere in between. :)

I'm about to get back to work, but I had just finished off a bowl of delicious beef stew that Monica made for me the other night, and I thought I'd take a moment to jot down a quick blog post. (Okay, so I'm not really "jotting" it down, but it sounded good so :Þ <---That's me sticking my tongue out at you, for all my "smiley impaired" readers out there. Insert the "ppllrrrpp" sound where you please!) *snicker*

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy to tasty JJ's fruit pie (they finally restocked them at Belle's!) I'll post a couple more pictures a little later. Right now I have to get back to work before I lose all that motivation I've been building up! *g* Peace.

No comments: