November 20, 2008

Moving To The Country, Gonna Eat A Lot Of Peach Pies

They're fairly bad for you (or so I remember being told at one time), but I've got to admit...I LOVE JJ's Peach Pies!
I like a couple of their other flavors too, but the peach pies are the best! The trouble is, I purchased the last ones that our local Bell's grocery store had the other day, and as of last night, they haven't restocked any more of them! :( I bought the last cherry one last night, and the only other flavor they had left was lemon. And there were a LOT of the lemon ones left. Apparently, lemon is the least favored among these tasty delights (from flavors such as peach, cherry, chocolate, apple, and lemon.) I know it's the last flavor I would ever buy!

So now I have to wait until they bring in some new pies, and who knows HOW long that's going to be! I mean, this is rural Crawford we're talking about! Restocking JJ's Snacks probably isn't high on the priority list (not that it is anywhere, but I can dream. *g*) Sure, there are other stores that most likely carry these things, but most of THOSE stores are at least 10 miles away, and I have to drive around enough as it is up here without going out of my way to get a peachy snack!

I realize that this blog post is of the utmost trivial nature, but I wanted to write something, and the song lyrics "Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches." keeps bouncing around in my head, so I thought I'd say what's on my mind. (Just hold off with that Nobel Prize. I'm sure I'll come with something more profound to say one of these days!)

So that's it. I'm finally in the country, and I'm without my peach pies. What's a guy to do? I suppose I could always eat that last cherry one I have. Mmm...pie.

No comments: