November 21, 2008

Beer And Potatoes

I swear that's what it sounded like when my sister called me on my way home from work today. "Do you want to come over for a walk and beer and potatoes?" What she ACTUALLY said was "DEER and potatoes" which is good, because I don't really like beer, but I was really confused for a moment or two! So Monica (who's up here for a couple days "visiting") and I went over to Clare's for a dinner of country fried (or something like that) venison cube steak, diced potatoes and Lima beans (sadly I didn't eat these, because they're not my favorite. lol)

Anyway, it was nice sitting around the wood burning stove again, hanging out with Clare and the kids, getting to be Uncle Matt and Aunt Moe. It's so nice having family closer to us now. Monica is going to spend the day with HER sister tomorrow while I'm at work, so she'll get to be Aunt Moe to Jacob, which is always fun and a delight for her. Now if we could get all our family and friends to move withing a 10 mile radius it would be awesome! Still, it's nice being around the kids, and knowing that they'll grow up actually knowing who I am, and not just think of me as that "strange bearded guy" who only shows up shows up once or twice a year. "Is that Santa, Mommy?!?"

Thanks for dinner, Clare. You'll all have to come over for "deer can" chicken one of these days (I promise, it won't be one of yours! *g*)

1 comment:

clare adams said...

you write so well matt! i love reading this...next time you are over will you help me put "blogs i read" on my blog....i want other people to read yours!! 1love you..me