November 18, 2008

A Chilly Fall Day

I had the day off work today, and after driving around on a couple errand runs, I decided to drop in on Clare and the kids and see if they were home. Marie was there when I arrived, which was a nice surprise, because I know that Clare enjoys her company, and I worry about her spending so much time on her own (yes she has the kids, but it's not the same.) I know how she feels though. I'm feeling fairly lost these days without Monica being here, but it's nice having Clare and her family less than 10 minutes away, because I can drop in whenever I like and we can keep each other company and spend some quality time together; something we hadn't been unable to do before we moved up here.

Anyway, Clare and her lot have been recovering from colds, but they seemed to be in good spirits today, and after some time spent hanging out and chatting around the wood burning stove, Clare bundled up Esme, popped her in her carrying pack, and the two of them joined me for a brief walk in their woods as the sun was slowly sinking below the horizon. I do so enjoy being back in the woods, and getting back to nature again, and having Clare and her family close by to share the experience with me has made it that much better. Now if only The Big Orange will get things together and get Monica up here ASAP, things will be perfect! Monica hasn't been feeling well the past couple days, and has really been missing her mom, so I wish she was up here so that I could take care of her. I know Carol (and other friends of hers) are helping take care of her though, and for that I'm truly grateful.

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took today. Enjoy, and keep warm. It's going to be a COLD one tonight!









1 comment:

clare adams said...

hey matt!
i love you livbing close too =)
sorry you have a long day tomorrow...hope monica can make it up....love you so much!
me