June 22, 2009

Checking In

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've posted a blog on here, so I thought it was high time I checked in with my handful of readers. For those of you who know me personally, or have been following my blogs over the past few weeks, you know why I've been a bit lapse in my postings. I've had a lot on my mind. Also, I finally got a new computer, and I've been in the process of getting it set up the way I want it. It will allow me to do the work I need to do, and will serve as a stepping stone to a more powerful computer in the future.

Anyway, today was another up and down day for us. Monica got her promotion at work, and is back to being a Department Head (although in a different department this time.) She'll be back earning what she was before we moved. As for myself, I'm back to being Supervisor of the ImPress Department, what I was doing before we moved. Unfortunately, it's not very likely that I'll be going back to what I was earning before the move. I MIGHT get back up to what I was earning when I first started with OfficeMax, nearly 3 years ago, but that's probably as high as they'll put me. But who knows, they might take pity on me and give me my old salary back. *fingers crossed* That was the good news.

On the down side of things, when I went to start my car up today, to drive home from work, I found that my battery was apparently dead, and the engine wouldn't turn over. Just what I wanted on a 95+ degree summer day! Anyway, after hanging out at work and at Moe's (the restaurant) for an hour or so, I got a jump from one of my coworkers, and was able to make it home. We might just have to buy a new battery soon though, and that was an additional expense we didn't need.

On the plus side, I got a card for a free burrito at Moe's from one of the corporate guys who's there all the time. He came over to me and introduced himself, thanking me for giving Moe's my frequent business (he sees me in there more or less every time he's there), and handed me the card for the free burrito. I guess all that sitting around waiting for a jump paid off in the end. :)

Anyway, I'm off to stream a NetFlix movie with Monica. Have a good evening all. I'll be back to post more in the near future. Stay cool.

No comments: