June 29, 2009

Bored

Well, Monica has been in RI since Thursday, and will be there through July 4th. As for myself, I'm here at home, going stir crazy. I have all this time on my hands, and nothing to do with it. I don't really know anyone up here (other than my sister and her family, and some friends of hers), and I'm not into the whole partying/drinking scene (that starts in December, when I hit "middle age.") It's kind of like being back in college, but at least back then I was in a dorm, and I had people around me all the time, whether I wanted to or not. Back then I used to go to movies at the Tate Center; play video games, pool, or ping-pong in the same place; play card games with the few people I knew in my dorm; or go fishing or mountain biking on the trails around Athens.

Now I just sit here at home for the most part, staying inside during these horribly humid days, and watching movies or working on the computer. I have no life. *sigh* Oh well, things could be worse I suppose, but I REALLY need to get away from here for a while, and go somewhere I've never been, or at least somewhere I haven't been in a long time. I need to get to the beach, or into the mountains...back to Nature somewhere. But it's so bloody HOT and HUMID! I just shut down this time of year. English people weren't made for humidity!

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. I just talked to Monica, and things are starting to work out better at the camp, so hopefully she'll have a great week, and make lots of new friends. As for myself, it's work and home, with the only break in my routine (at the moment anyway) being watching Jack and Esme on Tuesday night while Clare and Josh go out to dinner for their wedding anniversary. At least SOMEONE is having some fun around here. :)

Have a great week everyone. Peace.

No comments: