June 5, 2009

As Close As I'll Get

Monica sent me this picture from her phone today. She was out with her sisters and her family, somewhere in the Miami/Miramar area. She informed me that the Sea Monkey was definitely part Limey, because fish 'n chips were the only thing she'd been craving all day, and that she'd eaten that for lunch. I asked her where she'd eaten fish 'n chips and she was like, "Oh, at the bar at the pool..."

I'm glad she's having a good time. I wish I could have been there with them all, but she REALLY needed to be there, so I'm glad it worked out that she was able to go. She'll be back late Sunday night/early Morning morning, so it isn't a long trip, but I'm sure the getaway will do her the world of good. And spending time with family is always nice.

As for myself, I'm off to Acworth with Clare and the kids in the morning, to celebrate our dad's birthday. The plan is to rent a pontoon boat (I think) and spend a few hours on the lake, but we'll have to see how that goes. It will be good practice for me, having my schedule basically determined by children. When they're ready to go, they're READY TO GO, so there's no telling how long we'll have to hang out tomorrow. But it will be good to see dad and Sandra. It's been a while since I've been down that way. (It will also be nice to get a bunch more meat to put in the deep freezer, so that's an added incentive to make the drive! *g*)

At any rate, I'm just hanging out by myself for the most part, doing the "bachelor" bit once again. There's not much going on around here. It was nice to spend some time with Clare, Josh, and the kids though; something I haven't been able to do much lately because of my work schedule. Things seem to be evening out though, and this next week it looks like I'll finally be on the regular ImPress Supervisor schedule of Monday (or Tuesday this week) through Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM. I'm sure I'll have to work a Saturday, Sunday, or evening here and there, but for the most part my schedule should finally have stabilized. Now I just need to work on raising my pay. *smile* One thing at a time though, one thing at a time.

Have a great weekend everyone, and stay safe. Peace.

No comments: