July 6, 2008

Rumbling Thunder and Sparkling Lights

I'm sitting here at my computer, listening to the near continual rumble of thunder in the background. A storm is brewing in the vicinity, creeping ever closer at a sedate 5 mph. Maybe we'll get some more rain tonight, maybe not. Earlier this evening, before the "natural fireworks" going on outside right now, some of our neighbors were letting off fireworks again, Roman candles this time, for the most part. I have been out with my camera the past couple of nights, trying to capture some pictures of the festivities. Here are a few of those attempts.





Not very exciting obviously, because I wasn't able to zoom in before I took the shots, and they were too far away to look that good (I CAN actually take good firework pictures, these just aren't some of them.)

Anyway, Kate had give us a couple packs of sparklers on Friday, and I'd brought a few out for Monica and I to light and play with. Monica tried taking pictures of them with her phone, but all she ended up with were large, glowing balls of light, because the shutter speed on cell phone cameras is too quick, and you can't control the length of the exposure. So I decided to see how my Sony camera would fair with the sparklers, using the Fireworks setting to shoot them. Here are some of the more interesting images that I captured.



I have quite a few more, but I didn't want to take up the space. Maybe I'll post them all on Flickr, if anyone's interested.
Anyway, that's what we did this evening. It's back to work tomorrow, for both of us, and then off to the doctor for me again, to have my blood pressure rechecked and give them a status on my headaches.
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July, and I'll talk to you all soon. Take care.


1 comment:

clare adams said...

loove the sparkler pics
miss u both!
clare