July 19, 2008

I'm On Fire!

Well, not literally (although I do smell strongly of smoke from the grill right now.)

So I have been a bit slack on my blogging lately, so I have some new pictures and stuff to put up today.

--------------------------------------------

My brother-in-law, Josh, was injured a couple nights ago when he was doing some tree work. A rotten limb fell on his head, cutting his face, neck, and chest up, and breaking the C-1 vertebrae in his neck in two places (of course, since you're probably the only one that reads this blog, Clare, you already knew that and I'm just stealing a line from YOUR blog.) Anyway, Josh miraculously avoided serious injury (such as paralysis or death), and he is back at home with my sister and the family. We just have to thank God that everything turned out the way it did! We have seen enough hardship in our family over the last 6-8 years...we DON'T need any more! Anyway, Josh, we're extremely glad that you're home, and we wish you a speedy recovery!

--------------------------------------------

We have new neighbors next door, in another one of the houses our Dad and Sandra own. There names are Paul and Amanda, and they seem like nice people (plus they are close to our age, so maybe we'll actually have someone to hang out with around here for a change.) They have a son and a daughter, and there's a baby there too, although I'm not sure yet if it's a girl or a boy. They also seem to have a cousin or something (and maybe his family?) staying with them on a regular basis, and helping them get sorted out and fully moved into their new home. One thing that they've done, that's been amusing and entertaining, is let fireworks off (I think) every night since they moved in. And I'm not just talking about some firecrackers and small stuff. Every night I here several "whoomp" sounds followed shortly by explosions, pops, crackles and/or whistles. They let aerials off every night, and I've been trying to take pictures of them (you know how I am with fireworks), but every time I've made it out there with my camera, they seem to be finished for the evening. Well last night I was able to capture a few decent shots, so here they are, in no particular order.







Well, that's about it for this post. Now I'm off to introduce a new section to my blog, something I used to do on MySpace. I call it (for lack of a better, less lame name) "Cooking With Matt!"

No comments: