June 27, 2008

MFPATMH

Sorry for the ambiguous title. I try not to use words like that out loud or in writing... It's happened again. Some idiot (probably the same persons(s) again) has knocked off mailbox. This is the 4th time I've had to put a mailbox on! At least this time, the mailbox itself was intact and functional (as far as I can tell anyway) because we opted for a plastic one the last time we had to replace it. All the ones before had been metal ones, and they ended up all bent/smashed out of shape and unusable. So we still have our mailbox, but we have to buy and install ANOTHER freaking post for it!!! This will be the 5th attempt at providing the mail carrier a place to safely deliver our mail each day!

Now I could understand if this happened once, maybe twice; you know, maybe it was an accident or something. But 4 times?!? No other mailbox around here is getting damaged, just ours. So obviously it's personal, for some reason. The question is...why? We keep to ourselves mostly, and don't really know many people around us. And we don't have a barking dog anymore to drive people nuts. So why does some keep knocking our mailbox down??? And it's not always at night either. I think this is the second time it's happened in daylight, in the early hours of the morning. The last time it was between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM, and that's about the time it happened today too. I think the other 2 times were at night, but I'm not sure.

When I put this last mailbox in, having moved the location more in line with our front door, and backed it about a foot further away from the road, I placed a curse on it. The curse would bring down horrible luck and circumstances on anyone who intentionally damaged the mailbox, and would last until they confessed that they were the ones who knocked it off. So, I'm not usually a mean and vindictive person, but I hope someone out there is having and will continue to have extreme bad luck with everything in life, until they come to me and confess to the crime! And it IS a crime.

Anyway, I'm off to talk to the people at the post office, and see if we can possible move the location of the mailbox, or something. All I can say is that if I EVER find who's been destroying our mailboxes, they'll regret ever setting eyes on it in the first place!!!

Okay, I feel much better now. Thanks for listening to me rant. :)

1 comment:

clare adams said...

sorry about the box...ours has been knocked off 3 times and shot with a shotgun once....does that make us even or are u still winning with 4?