July 24, 2009

No Movies For A While :-(

Well, right in the middle of watching Wild Hogs on Blue-ray with Monica tonight, my PS3 decided to lock up. It just stopped working, the disc stopped spinning, and it went into and "error" mode with a flashing red light. There's a small, white "post" that's across the entrance to the slot where discs are inserted, and it's preventing the DVD that's in there from coming out, and stopping me from putting anything else in. Another problem is that the disc is from Netflix, so I have to try and get it out (or find someone who can), so I can send it back to them.

The major bummer, though, is that I will be without my PS3 for at least a week or two, because I have to send it back because it's messed up, and then N.E.W. will send me a Best Buy gift card for the original purchase price, and I'll have to buy a new one. Unless Geek Squad can get it to work when I take it to Best Buy to see if they can get the disc out. But I'm still without the PS3 for at least a week or more, which means that I've lost my major form of entertainment, namely movies. (Which doubly sucks, considering we're paying for Netflix.)

On the plus side of things, I'll get to buy the PS3 with the 80 gig hard drive, which is what I wanted in the first place, but they had pulled all the original 80 gig ones off the shelf just before I purchase mine, in preparation for the re-release of an 80 gig special edition model. So I guess that's the silver lining to this whole situation.

I'm heading to Acworth/Woodstock on Saturday with Monica, so I'll be taking my PS3 with me, and stopping by the Best Buy store that I purchased it at, to see what can be done. I'm really going to miss being able to watch movies though, and it's going to be a very LONG 2 weeks. *sigh* Oh well, there's nothing much I can do about it, so I guess I'll just have to go with the flow...

No comments: