July 25, 2009

Back In Business

Well, I printed out the mailing label to ship my PS3 back to Sony, to have them fix it, or send me a Best Buy gift card to go buy another one, but when I talked to the customer service people the other night, and informed them that I had a Netflix DVD stuck in the Playstation, the lady I spoke with told me to go to Best Buy to see if the Geek Squad could get the disc out for me. So that's what Monica and I did today.

The Geek Squad tech tried the approved methods to try and get the disc to eject, and then he tried other methods, such as inserting a knife blade and a bent paperclip into the disc slot to try and get the white post that was preventing the disc from ejecting to retract. He didn't have any more luck than I did, unfortunately. On the plus side of things, however, he was like "Just go get another one off the shelf, since we're not going to be able to fix this one here." So I was able to get a brand new PS3 from Best Buy (without the 1-2 week wait for N.E.W. to send me a gift card to buy a new one), and since they don't make the 60 gig version like I had any more, I was able to get one of the 80 gig versions (it's the same price that I paid for the 60 gig one.) It just cost us $4 due to the difference in the tax rate in Acworth and Athens.

So we're back home with the new PS3 hooked up and updated, and we only missed a day or so of movie watching! It did also cost $20 to pay for the Netflix Blue-Ray DVD which is still stuck in the old PS3, but that's a small price to pay, all things considered. However, I will have to rent that movie again, since the PS3 crashed in the middle of watching it. Oh well, it was a funny movie, so it's all good. I'm glad we made the trip to Best Buy though. I would have hated to have been without movies for 2 weeks or more! (Hey, we don't have TV hooked up, what do you expect! lol) All's well that ends well. :)

No comments: