February 15, 2009

Back In Business

Well, I tried the same trick I used last time my computer buggered up, and thankfully it worked again (for now anyway.) I opened the case, and switched the power cables around on the hard drives, and so far things seem to be back to normal. I still really need a new computer, but for the time being at least this one seems to be working again, which is good, because I'm really lost without my computer.

----------------------------------------------------
On a completely different note, we had a Cutco Knives rep come to our house today, for a "1 hour" field sales "training" meeting. He knows some friends of ours, so we were asked if he could come give us his sales pitch to practice his selling techniques. One hour turned into 3, and we both ended up making purchases from him (Heather Thompson is here right now too.) He's a little odd, and long winded, but he knew his products pretty well (and uses many of them himself), so with a little practice he should make a very successful salesman. We ordered the Snack Pack, in classic black, which includes their 2 3/4" pairing knife, their Trimmer knife, and the main thing Monica wanted, their Spatula Spreader. They should arrive within a couple weeks or so, and they'll make fun additions to our knife collection. :)
I guess that's about it for now. Monica and Heather are outside somewhere, we've got the start of another venison stew simmering in the Dutch oven on the stove, and I'm listening to Conception while I type this blog. With a little luck, my computer will behave and keep running, and life will go on as usual.
I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that you have an enjoyable and productive week this week. Take care.

No comments: