February 3, 2009

The 100 Mark

Well, it's official. I've seen over 100 movies (and those are just the DVDs I've recorded) in the last 4-5 months! And most of them I watched by myself, sadly. At least Monica's here to watch them with me now (although she's seen her fair share lately too, thanks to me. *g*) I still want to have movie nights though, but the problem is finding time when I'm home from work early enough (or better yet off for the day), and then finding a time that's convenient for other people to join me (which has proved next to impossible.)

I still don't have a new surround sound system yet, so the movies are lacking the "punch" I was used to, but the picture's nice, especially if we're watching Blue-Ray! Then again, I have an eclectic, and somewhat odd taste in movies, and although I watch plenty of "safe for all audiences" movies, not all of my selections are family friendly.

And speaking of that, let me take a moment to explain my rating system for the movies I've been listing on my page. As you can probably tell, I'm rating the movies I watch on a scale of 1-5 stars (or asterisks in this case.) If I give a movie 1 star, don't even bother watching it unless you're looking for a mindless way to pass the time. Two stars the movie was okay, but you're not missing out on much. Three stars I enjoyed the movie, but people could go either way on it. If I give it four stars, I really enjoyed the movie, but it might not be safe for all family members so I didn't give it full marks. And finally, the coveted five star ranking. These are movies that I thoroughly enjoyed, and that I think other people would enjoy too. They're also safe for all ages (at least I think the ones I gave a 5 star rating are.) I haven't watched many of these, and tend to give most movies I've seen lately a 3-4 star rating, which is still good, because it means I liked the movie a lot.

So there you go. Now you have a better idea of my rating system, and maybe if you're looking for a movie yourself, you can check out some of my recommendations. In the meantime, if you're in the local area and want to hang out some night and watch a movie, just let me know! I'll throw some popcorn in the microwave and we can make a night of it!

Take care everyone, and stay safe and warm in this cold, windy weather! Take heart though; it's supposed to be in the mid-sixties by Sunday. :-) Ciao, everyone. Peace.

No comments: