June 5, 2010

A Sunny Saturday At Oakland Cemetery

It's been a long time since I've posted to this blog, because most of my posts lately have been predominantly photographs I've taken recently. And that's what this blog post is about, but I probably won't post any pictures right now, because I still have to sort and post process them, and that's going to take a while.

At any rate, Monica and I participated in the I HEART Faces Photo Walk at Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta this morning, from 9 - 11 AM (give or take 30-45 minutes each end.) It's amazing how several hours walking around on a hot, HUMID day can just knock you right out (I just woke up about 30 minutes ago from a several hour nap!) It was a lot of fun though, and interesting to meet some other photographers from the area.

After the walk, Monica and I left the rest of the walkers, the majority of whom were meeting up at Six Feet Under for a post-walk lunch, and met up with Amy and Jason at Little Five Points to enjoy our own lunch together at Vortex Bar & Grill. After lunch we walked around Little Five Points, visiting a couple of the local shops, before returning to our respective homes, where Monica and I passed out. We both needed the rest though, Monica especially, who is battling a sinus infection.

All in all it was a good day out, and after I work my magic on the pictures in Photoshop, I will post some of my favorite ones, so stay tuned.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

1 comment:

clare adams said...

cna't wait to see them! love you matt! dad's bday in 2 days!